Last Updated on May 1, 2023 by Happily Ever Park Hoppers
Please note: Some posts may contain affiliate links. If you use one, we may receive a small commission. We link these companies and their products because of the benefit they serve to readers, not just because of the commission.
Walt Disney World Advance Dining Reservations
What is an Advance Dining Reservation?
Advance Dining Reservations (also known as ADRs) are reservations that you can make in advance for Table Service Restaurants. Reservations are HIGHLY recommended due to the extreme popularity of many restaurants. Even for restaurants that aren’t going to book up immediately, securing dining reservations day of can be very difficult during certain times of year.
When can I make Advance Dining Reservations?
Reservations can be made 60 days in advance. For guests staying at a Disney Resort Hotel, you can make reservations for your entire length of stay (for up to a 10-night stay) up to 60 days in advance of your check in date.
When it’s your reservation day, the availability window for select Walt Disney World restaurants “typically” begins each day at approximately 5:45 AM EST. Occasionally the reservation window will be a little delayed. So if you are on and you aren’t seeing any time slots, just keep refreshing.
Other Important Details
- Cancelling Dining Reservations:
– Reservations must be cancelled 2 Hours prior to the reservation time, otherwise you will be charged $10 PER PERSON
- Multiple Restaurant Reservations:
– Multiple restaurant reservations are not allowed. The reservation system will not allow you to make reservations within a 2 hour window of each other.
- Disney Dining Phone number:
– (407) 939-1947
- Pro Tip:
– If you’re staying at a Disney Resort Hotel, try booking your last day first for your ADRs. There will be more reservation times further into your trip than on your first day. Those not staying on property will have to book every day individually; whereas on property guests will be able to reserve every day for the length of their trip (up to 10 days) starting at the 60-day arrival date.
What if the restaurant I wanted wasn’t available?
All hope is not lost! Plans change, people cancel, and more time slots become available. With a little bit of faith, trust and pixie dust, you can still get the reservation you want. If you keep checking back, you might find that a reservation time slot that wasn’t available before, is now there. Also, when booking your dining reservations, do not just tap “lunch” or “dinner”. Make sure you are toggling between the actual time slots. Toggling back and forth, sometimes a new time slot will appear.
Also, because of the cancellation rule, a lot of people will cancel their dining reservations 48 – 24 hours before. So if you were unable to secure a reservation before your trip, make sure you check back a day or two before each day to see if any new time slots are available.
A hassle-free way to secure a reservation is by utilizing MouseDining. MouseDining is a free/paid service where you can set up free or paid alerts for dining reservations of your choosing. Simply go on and set up your alerts for the restaurant and date of your choosing. Then when a reservation time becomes available, you will get an alert.
Spreading magic one post at a timeKristin