Last Updated on September 6, 2023 by Happily Ever Park Hoppers
Activating Military Disney Tickets
Heading to the Disney parks and have Military Disney tickets you purchased at ITT/MWR that need to be activated? Didn’t know that your tickets from ITT/MWR needed to be activated? All the details and information is below.
Military Discounted Disney Ticket Types
First things first, if you haven’t even bought your tickets or know what type of tickets are available, here’s a quick rundown.
- Disney Military Promotional Tickets (aka: Military Salute Tickets)
– Disney Military Promotional tickets are deeply discounted tickets for Active Duty, Retired, National Guard, Reservists, and 100% Disabled Veterans (and few other branches) and their spouses.
– A Military ID is REQUIRED to purchase these tickets.
– Discounted tickets can be purchased for both the Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort.
– Eligible Service Members are limited to (6) tickets per Service Member**, each calendar year and one of the six MUST BE for the Service Member or spouse. **Regardless of who buys the tickets (service member or spouse) it is still a limit of (6) tickets unless you are MIL to MIL; then you would be able to buy up to (12) in a year because again it’s (6) PER Service Member.
- Non-Promotional Tickets
– Discounted tickets available to ALL Service Members. Whether you’re Active Duty, Retired or a Honorably Discharged Veteran.
– Discounted tickets can be purchased for both the Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort
– There is NO LIMIT to the number of Non-Promotional Tickets you can buy.
– You DO NOT need a Military ID to purchase or use these tickets (DD214, VHIC, Drivers License with Veteran designation all work as proof of service).
– You can “Gift” tickets to family members for them to use.
- Magic Your Way Tickets
– Just like the Non-Promotional tickets, but these tickets can ONLY be purchased for the Walt Disney World Resort.
Ticket prices will vary from ticket office to ticket office.
Purchasing your Military Disney Tickets
WHERE you purchase your Military Disney tickets is going to determine a few things. The first is going to be the price. As mentioned above, the price will vary depending on where you buy your tickets. All Military ticket offices will be within a few dollars of each other and if you’re ordering over the phone there might be a delivery fee. All tickets are TAX FREE if you buy them at ITT/MWR or at Shades of Green.
The other thing that comes into play as to where you buy your tickets is whether or not they will already be ACTIVATED.
Military Salute Tickets purchased at ITT/MWR Ticket offices are NOT activated. Walt Disney World Tickets that come from an ITT/MWR office are vouchers. They may look and feel like an actual ticket, but they will still need to be activated before being allowed into the parks. You will be able to link them and make your park reservations but they are not actual tickets. Same thing goes for Disneyland, the “tickets” are printed on a piece of paper (it’s pretty clear they’re not actual tickets), you can still link them and make park reservations but they will need to be activated as well.
The only tickets that come ready to go and don’t need to be activated are:
– Military Salute Tickets purchased from Shades of Green
– Non-Promotional Tickets/Magic Your Way Tickets (because they do not require a Military ID)
Activating Military Disney Tickets
If you purchase your tickets through ITT/MWR, you won’t be able to activate them until you arrive at Disney. To activate them, the process is different depending what coast you’re on.
At Walt Disney World
When activating tickets at Walt Disney World, you can activate them at several different locations. You MUST do this before going to any park touch points.
º Disney Ticket Center at Disney Springs
º Any Guest Relations Location (each park has one)
º Any Ticketing Window (Transportation & Ticket Center or the parks)
MAKE SURE you have your Military ID with you because they WILL ask. If you are using a MagicBand, have a least one with you so the Cast Member can link your tickets to your My Disney Experience account.
When activating tickets at Disneyland Resort, you will be activating them directly at the gate. MAKE SURE you have your Military ID with you.
When you get to the front of the line, the Cast Member will scan each ticket and assign it to a member of your party, take a picture of them and print an actual ticket.
An Important Note: When using the Military Salute Tickets, regardless if they were activated before arriving or you are activating them once you arrive. Someone in your group should ALWAYS have their Military ID on them. In the event that something happens with one or all of our tickets, the last thing you want to do is have to go all the way back to your resort to get your ID. Other Military families have reported that they have been asked at different points in their Disney vacation to present their Military ID for their tickets. It’s better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
If you have any other questions that I didn’t answer regarding Activating Military Disney Tickets, drop a comment below and I’ll do my best to answer it as soon as I can.
Spreading magic one post at a timeKristin